Thursday, December 22, 2016

Meatloaf

I am always spicing up my meatloaf recipe trying different ingredients out.

This week I made it like this which is normal

2 pounds of ground beef
ketchup ( I tend to not measure most stuff out I just throw in what I think lol) maybe 1/4 cup
Bread crumbs
1 egg
salt, pepper, garlic

pat into patties and bake at 350 for 30 minutes

combine like 1/2 cup of ketchup with 1/4 cup brown sugar  you want to make a paste so add to make that consistency  take meatloaf out at 30 minutes and top each patty with this sauce then put back into the oven for another 30 minutes

I add lipton onion soup mix when I have it and if I am out of bread crumbs I will use oats instead
I also like to add green pepper and carrots ( finely chopped so no one notices) to my meat mixture makes it so tasty and healthier.  You can also use ground turkey for all of it or half it.  2 pounds feeds my family of 5 so adjust accordingly


Enjoy and make it your own  there is so many different versions you can make my hubby likes to put mozzarella cheese in his.

let me know what you think if you make it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment